View and download the "Talking Trash" update and share with your family, friends, and neighbors.
The Public Works Department delivers a vast array of services including the essential elements of delivering safe potable (drinking) water, wastewater (sewer) collection, and solid waste collection including garbage, recycling and monthly unlimited bulk trash pickup. Other services provided include:
- Maintenance of safe roadways, sidewalks, and rights of way
- Ongoing maintenance of existing storm water drainage facilities in compliance with our Federally mandated National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit (includes regular maintenance (cleanup) of waterways and lakes)
Public Works 24/7 Emergency Number: 954-561-6275
Customers who receive Broward County water can call: 954-831-3250
Dog Waste is an Environmental Pollutant
- There are bacteria, viruses and parasites in your dog's poop?--YUCK!
- The EPA has labeled dog waste as a non-point source pollutant, similar to herbicides, insecticides, oil, grease and toxic chemicals.
- Fecal coliform bacteria can cause intestinal illness and serious kidney disorders in humans.
Please fill out this online form if you know of a street light that needs to be repaired. If you are reporting a hazardous condition (other than a malfunctioning light) DO NOT use this form. Please call 1-800-4OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243). Residents can also report traffic signal malfunctions and damaged/down downed street signs online. To learn more, please call Broward County Traffic Engineering at 954-847-2600 or Oakland Park's Streets Division at 954-630-4433.
Public Works Divisions
- Building Maintenance
- Parks Maintenance
- Solid Waste
Public Works Administration
Includes administration of all 8 Divisions of the Public Works Department. Administrative offices are located at 3801 NE 5th Avenue and include the Public Works Director and support staff. Operating hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm. For more information, please call 954-630-4414.
Municipal Services Division
Includes Solid Waste/Recycling, Building Maintenance, Parks Maintenance, and City Garage. Municipal Service offices are also located at 3801 NE 5th Avenue, including the Assistant Director and support staff. Operating hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm. For more information, please call 954-630-4452.
Includes the Streets, Stormwater, and Utilities (Water and Wastewater). Operations Division offices are located at 5100 NE 12th Terrace, including the Assistant Director and support staff. Operating hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5:00 pm. For more information please call 954-630-4430.
In keeping with our City Mission Statement all members of our Department continue to strive to provide dedicated friendly quality service in the most responsive, cost effective, efficient manner possible to our residents, businesses and visitors in our diverse community.