Engineering and Building Services
The Engineering and Building Services team works to develop and implement technical solutions for the City’s Capital Improvement Projects from concept to funding, project management and construction completion, while involving stakeholders to minimize inconvenience to residents and restoring affected properties to an as good as or better condition.
The City of Oakland Park’s Building Services Office is operating on normally scheduled hours, but the lobby is temporarily closed to the public to protect public health and slow the rate of transmission of the Coronavirus. City staff are available by phone and email and many services are available by appointment. The City will continue to review and process existing building permits and inspections, but customers may experience delays with any applications being submitted to the City.
Many services are available 24/7 online at http://www.oaklandparkfl.gov/312/Permit-Access including:
- Schedule an Inspection
- View Inspection Details
- View or Print Comments
- Make payments through EnerGov (permits submitted after Nov. 2019)
Effective Monday, March 23, 2020:
- Building inspections will continue as scheduled, though precautionary measures will be taken by Staff to limit exposure risks to all parties.
- All building permit applications and revisions must be submitted via email to email@example.com or dropped off outside the Engineering and Community Development building located at 5399 North Dixie Highway, Suite #3.
- Both email submission and plan drop off packages must include a filled out permit drop off form
- Drop off box will be open and accessible during normal business hours between 8am and 4pm.
- All questions should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone call to 954-630-4350.
- All Business Tax Receipts and Certificate of Occupancy applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- In-person payments will be suspended.
- After completion of plan reviews and upon providing comments, plan reviewers may be contacted by phone or email. Their respective information will be provided on the plan review correction sheets.
- Online or over the phone payment options should be used where applicable.
- All other payments should be paid by check via mail.
The City sincerely apologizes for any inconveniences that may occur.
The Building and Permitting Division is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service while protecting the safety, health, and welfare of the citizens in the City of Oakland Park through the administration and enforcement of Building Codes to ensure a better built environment for all.