Oakland Park will be ‘Dancing in the Streets’
With Mile-Long Block Party Friday, April 28
OAKLAND PARK, FL….Put on your dancing shoes and grab your lawn chairs for Oakland Park’s free “Dancing in the Streets” block party in the Downtown Culinary Arts District.
Dancing in the Streets will feature nine (9) stages of a diverse blend of musical acts Friday, April 28 from 6 to 10 p.m. The lineup/locations (north to south) include:
- Latin dance band “Fondo Blanco” performing salsa, merengue & pop favorites on the showmobile stage at Jaco Pastorius Park, 4000 N. Dixie Highway
- Funk & sould band “Fusik” on the outdoor stage at Funky Buddha Brewery, 1201 NE 38 Street/Park Lane East
- Eagles-tribute band “The Long Run” on the steps of Oakland Park Hall, 3650 NE 12 Avenue/Oakland Park Main Street
- Flamenco & jazz fusion trio "Urban Gypsy" at NE 35 Street Fountain on NE 12 Avenue/Oakland Park Main Street
- Country music artist Brooklyn Marie at Switchbox Roasters, 3446 NE 12 Avenue/Oakland Park Main Street
- Smooth jazz vocalist Jessi Campo at NE 34 Street Fountain on NE 12 Avenue/Oakland Park Main Street
- Blues & jazz musician Jason Hanley at NE 33 Street Fountain on NE 12 Avenue/Oakland Park Main Street
- Pop, Dance and R&B group "Synthesis" with Giulio Yellowstrat at NE 32 Street Fountain on NE 12 Avenue/Oakland Park Main Street
- Rock Band “Street People” at Big Dog Station, 3148 NE 12 Avenue/Oakland Park Main Street
Besides music, there will be plenty of food and other attractions. Several of South Florida’s favorite food trucks will parked along Oakland Park Main Street, including FOAR, Meathead’s BBQ, il Fiorentino, Dolci Gelato, Food Dude, Bel-go, and Miami Grilled Cheese.
There will also be food vendors at Jaco Pastorius Park with Oakland Park’s PDQ Restaurant and Diggity Dogz, as well as fun children’s activities, including a bounce house, obstacle cours and kid’s karaoke. The popular downtown park/meeting place features an illuminated fountain feature and murals of the late hometown bass guitar virtuoso.
Downtown Oakland Park businesses will host family-friendly activities, including “soccer kick” with Americas Got Soccer.
Dancing in the Street attendees will also be able to get their body art on with henna tattoos at the new Tatts and Tacos (3200 NE 12 Ave.), paint their own Picasso at TRAX Art Studios (3540 NE 12 Ave.), try a hair art design at Dick’s Service Station (3528 NE 12 Ave.), play ball pong at Design Moves (3520 NE 12 Ave.) and create pottery art at Pride Pottery (1101 NE 34 Court).
A free trolley will take attendees up and down NE 12th Avenue a/k/a Oakland Park Main Street.
Free event parking will be available in lots at:
- N. Dixie Highway & NE 38th Street
- NE 12 Avenue & NE 32 Street
- Post Office lot at 3350 NE 12th Avenue
- Jaco Pastorius Park/Urban Farm lot at 1101 NE 40 Court
For more Dancing in the Streets details, please call 954-630-4251.