June 14, 2022
3650 NE 12 Ave
Oakland Park, FL 33334
Civil Service Board Meeting
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. the 2nd Tuesday each month
The Civil Service Board consists of 5 members, appointed as follows:
* 2 members are elected by secret ballot of all regular employees of the city, who are not covered by a collective bargaining agreement
* 2 members are appointed by the City Commission
* 1 member is recommended by the city manager.
Each term of office is two (2) years.
- Applicant must be a resident of Oakland Park and registered voter of Broward County.
- Advocate the application of merit principles for public employment.
- Not be a city employee, city elected official, or be a relative, as defined by section 116.11, Florida Statues, of any city employee or city elected official.
- To advise the City Manager and City Commission on personnel matters;
- To hear appeals of employees who wish to grieve a decision of their supervisors.
The authority of the Civil Service Board is outlined in Ordinance Section 2-91.