Commissioner Tim Lonergan
Date Elected: November 2022
Term Expires: November 2026
Commissioner Lonergan is grateful and proud to have another opportunity to serve the wonderfully diverse residents of Oakland Park. Born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Tim moved to Oakland Park in January 2000. He lives in the Coral Heights neighborhood with his husband and their cat, Tiger. Tim has worked for a national health insurance company since 1985 in the Medicare and Medicaid lines of business. Tim enjoys walking and biking. He also likes to spend time in his yard, a Wildlife Habitat certified by the National Wildlife Federation.
Commissioner Lonergan focuses on helping Oakland Park become a more affordable, desirable, and safer place to live, shop, visit, work, and play. He is dedicated and determined to see Oakland Park move successfully and prosperously into the future and believes it is important that we all work together to build a strong sense of community and pride citywide.
Tim believes in the importance of community involvement and is committed to volunteer service. He passionately works to help improve the quality of life throughout Oakland Park. Tim thinks Oakland Park has abundant opportunities to improve and thrive and become an even more enjoyable and desirable hometown.
The Commissioner firmly believes that together, we can and will continue to make a difference. If you want to discuss City business, he would love to hear from you. Send Tim an email or call him at 954-683-2658.
Experience & Community Service
- Area Agency on Aging of Broward County - Advisory Council, since 2020
- Guardian ad Litem – 17th Judicial Circuit, since2020
- Oakland Park City Commission - March 2013 to November 2020
- Oakland Park Mayor 2016 & 2018
- Oakland Park Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) – Past Chair & Board Member
- Oakland Park General Employee Pension Plan – Past Board of Trustees
- Oakland Park – Past Appointed Representative to the Broward County Resource Recovery Board
- Broward League of Cities - Board of Directors - 2016/2020, 2018 League President
- Broward County Water Advisory Board – Past Board Member
- Broward County Climate Change Task Force – Past Task Force Member
- National League of Cities - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Local Officials (LGBTLO) 2019 -2020 Board of Directors – At-Large Member
- National League of Cities 2019-2020 - Race, Equality and Leadership (REAL) Council Member
Acknowledgements & Accomplishments
- Graduate of the Oakland Park Local Government Academy (LGA) - Class of 2010. Tim has been the LGA Adopt-A-Street Coordinator since 2010
- Graduate of the Broward Leader Water & Climate Academy - Class of 2018
- Florida League of Cities - 2018 & 2020 Home Rule Hero
- Broward County Council of Professional Firefighters-2018 Municipal Leader of the Year
- Oakland Park Volunteer Corp since 2008
- Friend of The Ethel M. Gordon Oakland Park Library
- Oakland Park Kiwanis