Commissioner Aisha Gordon
Elected: November 2020
Term Expires: November 2024
Commissioner Aisha Gordon was elected to the Oakland Park City Commission in 2020 and served as Mayor 2022-2023.
Aisha has been a resident of Oakland Park for 18 years, after annexation in 2005. She believes in collective envisioning and community mobilizing to assure a more vibrant, cleaner, greener, safer, a sustainable environment and a strong economy for years to come.
Education and Experience:
Former Mayor Gordon relocated from New York City over 25 years ago. While living in New York, she acquired an A.S. Degree from New York University and later attended Nova Southeastern University where she received a B.S. degree in Business Management and a M.B.A. degree with a concentration in Business and Entrepreneurship.
As an Oakland Park Local Government Academy Alumni, Class of 2020, Aisha was selected as keynote speaker for the commencement ceremony.
With a combined 25-year background in business, commercial construction, community association management and property management, Aisha is currently Regional Vice President of Business Development for Facilities Maintenance & Services Group, LLC. And has been celebrated for her community involvement innovations and effective leadership successes from companies such as STILES (full-service commercial real estate developer) where she was employed for nearly 20 years.
Memberships and Civic Involvement:
Former Mayor Gordon is known as a person whose word is impeccable; she embodies trust and empowerment. Aisha is actively involved (both past and present) in professional and civic engagements:
- Montage by the Lake Homeowners’ Association, Inc.: An active board member since 1996. Serves as president 2006 to present.
- National Association of Women in Construction (Greater Ft. Lauderdale chapter): Served as past president elect and president (2012 – 2014) (past member)
- National Congress of Black Women, Inc. (NCBW) (Broward County Chapter)
- Florida League of Mayors
- City of Ft. Lauderdale Community Appearance Advisory Board: (elected as board’s chair in 2005. (past member)
- Juvenile Research Diabetes Foundation (JDRF) (volunteering and fund-raising)
- Member of Dolphin Democrats
- Member of Oakland Park Wilton Manors Democratic Club
- Member of the NAACP
- Metropolitan Planning Council Board Member
- Broward League of Cites Board of Directors
- Broward Water Advisory Board Member
Former Mayor Gordon is a loving mom of 2 and a most nurturing grandmother of 5. She is considered a confidant to her siblings and an external parental figure and mentorship to many young people, a host of nieces and nephews.