Grab your dancing shoes! Oakland Park will host its annual Dancing in the Street event on Friday, February 17, from 6 to 10 p.m. The free mile-long block party will feature live performances by multiple artists including Catabella Music, Bobby Nathan Band, and Paul Anthony & The Reggae Souljahs.
The event will offer food from food trucks, a Kids' Zone with a DJ, and goods from local artists and crafters. The family-friendly event will take place on Main Street/NE 12 Avenue, between Oakland Park Boulevard and Park Lane/N.E. 38th Street.
Dancing in the Street will offer a wide variety of live music on multiple stages. The following musicians are scheduled to perform from 6 to 10 p.m.:
• Catabella Music (Latin music) - City Hall, 3650 N.E. 12th Ave.
• Paul Anthony & The Reggae Souljahs (Reggae) - 35th Street Fountain Stage
• Alejandro Mendez (Guitarist) - Rebel Wine Bar
• Erica Guard (Soloist) - Cyth & Co Patio
• Broward College Jazz Combo - 33rd Street Fountain Stage
• Bobby Nathan Band (Dancing Music) - Big Dog Station, 3148 N.E. 12 Ave.
• Big Dog Station
• Butcher's Barrel
• Tatts & Tacos
• Food trucks from South Florida.
Main Street/NE 12 Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic between Oakland Park Boulevard and N.E. 37th Street on Friday, February 17, from 12 p.m. (noon) to 12 a.m. (midnight).
Kids Community Stage - Post Office at 34th Street
A public rideshare pick-up and drop-off area will be located on N.E. 37 Street.
A free Main Street trolley will provide shuttle service from designated parking areas to businesses along Main Street on Friday, February 17, from 12 to 6 p.m.
A free shuttle will provide service from 11th Avenue with the main stop being 14th Ct. (crossing to the event) from 6 – 10:30 p.m. And along 13th Avenue from 6 - 10:30 p.m.