Dancing in the Street
Grab your dancing shoes! Oakland Park will host its fourth annual Dancing in the Street event on Friday, April 22, from 6 to 10 p.m. The free mile-long block party will feature live performances by multiple artists including Caribbean Waves Steel Drum Band and classic rock musicians, Mr. Nice Guy Band.
The event will offer food from local restaurants and food trucks, a Kids Zone with a DJ, and goods from local artists and crafters. The family-friendly event will take place on Main Street/NE 12 Avenue, between Oakland Park Boulevard and Park Lane/NE 38 Street. SEE EVENT DETAILS AND MAP BELOW.
Dancing in the Street will offer a wide variety of live music on multiple stages. The following musicians are scheduled to perform from 6 to 10 p.m.:
• Caribbean Waves Steel Drum Band - City Hall, 3650 NE 12 Ave.;
• Najee McLean - Rebel Wine Bar, 3520 NE 12 Ave.;
• Krystal Millie Valdes - Cyth & Co., 3446 NE 12 Ave.;
• The Cuban Trio (Latin music) - 33 Street and NE 12 Avenue; and
• Mr. Nice Guy Band (Classic Rock) - Big Dog Station, 3148 NE 12 Ave.
• Big Dog Station (burgers and Philly steak sandwiches);
• Butcher's Barrel (burgers);
• Nestlé Toll House Café By Chip (cookies and brownies);
• Pink Donuts (donuts);
• Richie's Gourmet Italian Ices (Italian ice);
• SurfSide Sausage (hot dogs);
• Tatts & Tacos (taco bar); and
• Eight (8) food trucks from South Florida.
Located between NE 34 Street and NE 34 Court, the Kids Zone will feature a variety of activities including a balloon artist, bounce houses, chalk art, the Florida Panthers Game Truck, temporary tattoos, and a Hip-Hop Kidz dance performance at 8:30 p.m.
Dancing in the Street will feature fun event activations from local Oakland Park businesses including Mission Yoga, Park Place Spa and Body Sculpt, and The Wander Shop. The event will also showcase unique items from more than a dozen local artists and crafters.
Main Street/NE 12 Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic between Oakland Park Boulevard and Park Lane/NE 38 Street on Friday, April 22, from 1 p.m. to 12 a.m. (midnight).
Free public parking will be available in the following locations:
• North Dixie Highway at NE 38 Street (on the vacant lots on the west side of Dixie)
• NE 12 Terrace and NE 32 Street
• NE 13 Avenue and NE 38 Street
A public rideshare pick-up and drop-off area will be located on NE 37 Street.
A free Main Street trolley will provide shuttle service from designated parking areas to businesses along Main Street on Friday, April 22, from 12 to 6 p.m.