Police & Fire Pension Board
- 5:30 p.m. Quarterly, on the 4th Tuesday (January, April, July & October)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Police and Fire Pension Board consists of 5 members appointed as follows:
- 2 members from the general public are appointed by the City Commission
- 2 members elected as follows:
- 1 Police Department employee who is a member of the system
- 1 Fire Department employee who is a member of the system
- 1 member to be selected by the above 4 members and approved by a majority vote of all 4 board members
|Ernest Olivas Jr.||October 2023|
|Sheryl Dickey (Board Appointed)||October 2022|
|Joseph Filkowski (Fire Fighter)||February 2022|
|James Wilson (Police)||February 2022|
|Steve Arnst||October 2023|
- Applicants must be a resident of Oakland Park and a registered voter of Broward County.
- Employee members of the Board must be vested members of the Pension Plan.
To administer the Pension Plan for the City's Police Officers and Firefighters in accordance with the Code of Ordinances of the City of Oakland Park.
The authority of the Police and Fire Pension Board is outlined in Ordinance Section 9-66.