- Your Government
- Advisory Boards
- Code Enforcement Board & Special Magistrate
Code Enforcement Board & Special Magistrate
- 6:30 p.m. the 2nd Thursday of each month
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
MembersThe Code Enforcement Board consists of 9 board members (7 regular and 2 alternates) who are appointed by the City Commission for a 3 year term.
|Karl Albertson||April 2024|
|Dr. Malcolm B. Black||September 2023|
|Dennis Buchta||September 2023|
|Debon L. Campbell II||April 2024|
|Vacant (Alt)||April 2024|
|Debbie Loparo||April 2025|
|Randall Pierce||September 2023|
|Vacant (Alt.)||August 2024|
|Dawn Whittenberg||August 2024|
QualificationsApplicants must be a resident of the City of Oakland Park. Florida Statute 162.05 recommends that the applicant possess a background in architecture, engineering, general contracting, sub-contracting, or real estate.
- Promote, protect, and improve the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Oakland Park by providing an equitable, expeditious, effective and inexpensive method of enforcing the technical laws and Codes of the City.
- Hold hearings and decide cases in which violations are alleged.
- Access fines against violators of the City of Oakland Park codes and ordinances.