Civil Service Board
- 6:30 p.m. the 2nd Tuesday each month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Civil Service Board consists of 5 members, appointed as follows:
- 2 members are elected by secret ballot of all regular employees of the city, who are not covered by a collective bargaining agreement
- 2 members are appointed by the City Commission
- 1 member is recommended by the city manager.
|Roger Banks||February 2023|
|Dennis Buchta||City Manager Appointed|
|Michael Nicotera||May 2024
|Edward Stupi||September 2023|
|Robert Pensabene|| May 2024
Each term of office is two (2) years.
- Applicant must be a resident of Oakland Park and registered voter of Broward County.
- Advocate the application of merit principles for public employment.
- Not be a city employee, city elected official, or be a relative, as defined by section 116.11, Florida Statues, of any city employee or city elected official.
- To advise the City Manager and City Commission on personnel matters;
- To hear appeals of employees who wish to grieve a decision of their supervisors.
The authority of the Civil Service Board is outlined in Ordinance Section 2-91.