- Your Government
- Advisory Boards
- Board of Adjustment
Board of Adjustment
- 6:30 p.m. the last Tuesday of the month as needed.
- City Hall
3650 NE 12th Avenue
Oakland Park, FL 33334
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Board of Adjustment consists of 6 members appointed by the City Commission:
- 1 member appointed by each member of the City Commission
- 1 alternate member appointed by majority vote of the City Commission
|Board Member||Term Expires|
|Barbara Ann Ives||September 2023|
|Lisa Scanlon||September 2023|
|Vacant (Alt.)||September 2023|
|Loren Walkington||September 2023|
Each term lasts 2 years.
Applicant must be a resident of the City of Oakland Park and a registered voter of Broward County.
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged that there is an error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official in the enforcement of zoning regulations, and to act upon such ruling upon misinterpretation of facts or misinterpretation of law.
- Accept applications, hear and determine appeals requesting variances from zoning regulations and, subject to appropriate conditions and safeguards where such variance will not be contrary to the public interest or the general purposes sought to be accomplished by the regulations, and where, owing to special conditions, a literal and exact enforcement of the provisions of zoning regulations will result in unnecessary hardship in the use of the property involved.
The authority of the Board of Adjustment is outlined in Ordinance Section 24-232.