Please visit the CRA website at www.OPCRA.com.
The Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) was established to encourage reinvestment and growth within a 1,009-acre area in the City of Oakland Park.
By having a CRA focused on economic development initiatives, the City is able to acquire the following benefits:
- Access to Broward County’s Redevelopment Capital Program (RCP), which provides grant funding for economic development and job creation capital projects.
- Increased eligibility for federal and state grants that can be used for infrastructure improvements, business development, and property acquisition.
- A master planning approach and implementation strategy for the CRA.
To see a detailed CRA Map, click here.
The CRA Plan (PDF) was approved by the City Commission on November 30, 2005, and subsequently approved by the Board of County Commissioners on December 13, 2005.
The plan, its goals and objectives and the catalytic projects and programs will promote further investment and momentum toward achieving the city's vision. Our goals and principles for redevelopment are:
- Connections to Downtown
- Increase Green Space
- Increase Attainable Housing Options
- Redevelopment of Downtown
- Strengthen Neighborhoods
We invite you to join us in this exciting period that will change Oakland Park's landscape and its future. Please be patient to download the large files.