Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
May 28, 2018
American Legion Post #222
June 8, 2018
4000 N Dixie Hwy
June 16, 2018
1701 NW 38 Street
June 19, 2018
1298 NE 37 Street
June 25, 2018
1298 NE 37 Street
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
December 14, 2017, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM @ Emergency Operations Center
Members: DRC members include representatives from the following entities:
Public Works/Solid Waste
Duties: The purpose of Development Review Committee (DRC) is for various City departments to complete a technical review of proposed developments and provide written comments for the applicant.
December 14, 2017, 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM @ City Hall Chambers
Members: The Beautification Advisory Board membership consists of 7 voting members appointed by the City Commission, and 3 non-voting members. Members serve terms of 3 years.
Non-Voting Members: 1 representative from the City Manager's Office; 1 representative from the Public Works Department; 1 representative from the Code Enforcement Department.
Qualifications: Applicants must be a resident of the City of Oakland Park.
1. Investigate, study, and recommend plans to the City Commission as to improve the general health, sanitation, safety, and cleanliness of the City.
2. Encourage and recommend the placing, planting, and preservation of trees, flowers and shrubbery on public and private properties.
3. Review and make recommendations on all City landscape projects related to enhancing City parks, buildings, and rights of way when costs exceed $5,000.
Authority: The authority of the Beautification Advisory Board is outlined in Ordinance Section 21-235.
December 14, 2017, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Members: The Code Enforcement Board consists of 9 board members (7 regular and 2 alternates) who are appointed by the City Commission for a 3 year term.
Qualifications: Applicants must be a resident of the City of Oakland Park. Florida Statute 162.05 recommends that the applicant possess a background in architecture, engineering, general contracting, sub-contracting, or real estate.
1. Promote, protect, and improve the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Oakland Park by providing an equitable, expeditious, effective and inexpensive method of enforcing the technical laws and Codes of the City.
2. Hold hearings and decide cases in which violations are alleged.
3. Access fines against violators of the City of Oakland Park codes and ordinances.
Authority: The authority of the Code Enforcement Board and Special Magistrate is outlined in Ordinance Section 24-234.
December 14, 2017, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM @ Collins Community Center